Now You See Me 2 (also known as Now You See Me: The Second Act) is a 2016 American heist thriller film directed by Jon M. Chu from a screenplay by Ed Solomon and a story by Solomon and Peter Chiarelli. It serves as a sequel to 2013’s Now You See Me and the second installment in the Now You See Me series. The film stars an ensemble cast that includes Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Dave Franco, Daniel Radcliffe, Lizzy Caplan, Jay Chou, Sanaa Lathan, Michael Caine, and Morgan Freeman. The plot has the Four Horsemen and their leader Dylan Rhodes recruited by Walter Mabry, a criminal mastermind, to steal a data chip.
On July 3, 2013, the film was officially announced to be in development. Filming began in November 2014 and lasted until May 2015. The film was released on June 10, 2016, by Lionsgate. It received mixed reviews from critics but was a box office success, grossing $334 million worldwide.
- Jesse Eisenberg as J. Daniel Atlas. He is a member of the Four Horsemen.
- Mark Ruffalo as Dylan Rhodes Shrike, a former FBI agent and the leader of the Four Horsemen and the son of the late illusionist Lionel Shrike.
- Woody Harrelson as Merritt McKinney/Chase McKinney. Member of the Four Horsemen. Twin brothers who specialize in hypnosis.
- Dave Franco as Jack Wilder, a magician specializing in card tricks. He is a member of the Four Horsemen.
- Daniel Radcliffe as Walter Mabry, Arthur Tressler’s illegitimate son, a young technology tycoon.
- Lizzy Caplan as Lula May, a new member of the Four Horsemen, replacing Henley.
- Morgan Freeman as Thaddeus Bradley, a magic debunker, exposing the tricks of other magicians and a member of the Eye and a friend of Lionel Shrike.
- Jay Chou as Li, a Macanese magic shop owner.
- Sanaa Lathan as FBI Deputy Director Natalie Austin, who tracks down Rhodes for helping the Horsemen.
- Michael Caine as Arthur Tressler, the Four Horsemen’s former sponsor, who wants revenge for losing his money and power.
- Henry Lloyd-Hughes as Allen Scott-Frank, head of the Macau Science Center and member of the Eye.
- Ben Lamb as Owen Case, Walter’s former business partner.
- David Warshofsky as FBI Agent Cowan.
- Tsai Chin as Bu Bu, Li’s grandmother, who owns a magic shop in Macau.
- Richard Laing as Lionel Shrike, a magician who drowned while performing an escape trick thirty years ago.
After fleeing from a stage show, the illusionists (Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson) known as the Four Horsemen find themselves in more trouble in Macau, China. Devious tech wizard Walter Mabry (Daniel Radcliffe) forces the infamous magicians to steal a powerful chip that can control all of the world’s computers. Meanwhile, vengeful FBI agent Dylan Rhodes (Mark Ruffalo) hatches his own plot against Thaddeus Bradley (Morgan Freeman), the man he blames for the death of his father.